RE: Ignition Switch Question

To: "Russ & Lee" <rulee@motion.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition Switch Question
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:18:57 -0700
I solved my ignition switch problem by having a key made for my parts car
steering column and replacing the steering column in my car.  Now the
steering lock, which I could never access in the original column is working
properly.

The interesting thing I find is that the steering wheel is not tight on the
splines.  I am going to try using the parts car steering wheel.  If that
does not work I will change the splined shaft only and see if that corrects
the problem.  Is there a difference in the steering wheel splines between
different years?  69 to 68 in this case.

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland, Oregon
http://www.fransfancies.com/datsun