RE: Clutch unadjustable

To: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Clutch unadjustable
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:37:17 -0700 (PDT)
    Replace the arm on the master first. Welding the hole on the pedal and then
re-drilling works, but when I used to do these fixes for people I would drill
out the pedal for a drill bushing that had the same I.D. for the clevis pin to
fit through. Part # 46123-73002 from Nissan works well. This is a permanent
fix.  Remember dissimilar materials do not wear as quickly as two materials of
the same hardness or composition. Done this way the clevis will always wear
before the pedal as it should be being the cheaper of the two parts to replace.
Drill bushings can be ordered from any good supply house offering high end
machine products.  Dean