RE: Clutch unadjustable

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Clutch unadjustable
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:18:00 -0700
>Nathanial said - with edits- I can't get my clutch into adjustment.  Even
when the clutch slave is clearly adjusted so that the throwout is touching
the leafs springs on the inside of the clutch the gears grind when the
clutch is engauged. I'm ashamed to say I'm stumped.

Don't be ashamed. Last time I encountered this problem, it was found that
the pedal had too much play. The clevis pin that connencts the pedal to the
rod yoke was badly worn and the hole in the rod yoke was worn oval. Although
that much play would seem to be insignifant, it really critical. The
geometry of the system really comes to bear at that location. I took the rod
down to a welder and had the hole corrected and a new pin from the hardware
store. Of course, new parts from the vendors is another elegant solution.

Victor Laury
Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster
72 240Z