Re: Clutch Mystery

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Mystery
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:09:59 -0400
Nathaniel,

Another thing to check is the clearance between the input shaft and the
crank,  especially if you have had the flywheel surfaced.  If there is no
clearance then the shaft hits the crank.  This not only causes the
transmission to turn but will quickly wear out the thrust surface on the
crank.

Richard

Subject: Clutch Mystery

> All,
>
> I posted on this earlier but since I still havn't found a solution I
thought I'd try again and see if anyone could see through this clutch
mytery.

> The clutch will not disengauge.  I bled the master, bled the line, bled
the slave.  Rebuilt the master (even through it was new), pulled the engine
to make sure the clutch wasn't in backwards.  Got rid of all the play on the
slave.  The pilot is new, the throwout is new, the y arm moves when I
depress the pedal... but still it won't disengauge.  The pedal is not
terribly worn... it introduces about 1/4" of play but since the clutch
should have a couple inches anyway this shouldn't make a differance.  I've
double clutched, triple clutched, hit the bell housing with a mallet...
still the clutch won't disengauge.  Everything in the system is new and...
it still won't work.

> Any ideas?    My U20 sounds absolutely fantastic with I'm in nuetral and
spins effortlessly up to 7000, but I can't get out of the garage... Am I
dead already, is this hell?  Should I just get a gun and end it right here?