RE: Spring rate

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spring rate
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 15:09:02 -0700
The numbers I gave are the ones published in the latest Nissan Comp catalog.
It's possible they haven't kept that info up to date.

They may not be made by Nissan, but the part number hints that they are.
Most non-Nissan parts are 99996-whatever, like the Tilton aluminum flywheel
which is 99996-C1011; the fronts are 54010-25510E.

And yes, Stan, "stiffer" is the colloquial term for spring rate. You can
take it to whatever technical depth you want and talk about roll stiffness,
effective wheel rate, etc., but the bottom line is, putting on a spring with
a higher rate will make things "stiffer."