RE: Spring rate

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spring rate
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:17:16 -0400
The higher the spring rate the less the spring deflects (less travel).
That's why comp springs are shorter than stock. If they were the same
length they would raise the ride height.
Which leads me to something that may contribute to Dean's original
observation.  One thing I have noticed is that 2 otherwise identical
cars (same year, same tires, etc.) with "comp" springs have
significantly different ride heights.  Don't know why, could be
different rate or different free length.  What I do know is that the
different ride heights will cause the otherwise identical cars to have
different roll centers.  That will cause the cars to have different roll
stiffness which may well be more noticeable than any difference in
spring rate.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak