questions to the HITACHI carb pro

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: questions to the HITACHI carb pro
From: "Belgian Roadster" <belgian_roadster@planetinternet.be>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 23:08:51 +0200
Hi friends,

I have to following problem.
My butterfly do not close completly!
When driving smoothly engine always idle at 1500-2000 rmp when shifting.
When stopping the engine and removing the spring the throttle shaft is
complety free and butterfly closes perfectly.
What I suppose is, that I have to much vacuum in the intake and that it is
sucking so much on the butterfly keeping it from closing. A stronger spring
makes it better, but you have nearly no more feeling at the accelerator.
Only a short push with quick release of the accelerator makes it close.
And I repeat when engine is stopped it moves freely!

What can I do to reduce the vacuum? Drilling a small 2mm hole in the
butterfly? Doing a bypass tube from the intake to the front of the carbs?

Regards,
Chris