Re: questions to the HITACHI carb pro

To: belgian_roadster@planetinternet.be, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: questions to the HITACHI carb pro
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:05:27 EDT
Chris,

       Some of the carbs I have rebushed have had this problem. Still
scratching my head. I don't think that drilling holes in the butterfly is the
answer.
What has worked is using a stronger spring for a while then going back to the
original as the shafts bed in. I have been setting up the shaft clearance by
feel and some of them might be a little snug. I am going to build a fixture to
measure the play with a dial indicator. Hopefully with a more consistent fit
this problem can be fixed.
       I keep learning things about these carbs and enjoy hearing back from
folks who have ones that I have done. I keep trying to improve the work I do on
them, so while problems are not always pleasent news, it is usefull feedback.

                        keith williams