A few questions re/ alternator change

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A few questions re/ alternator change
From: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:54:37 -0600
Hi all,
I need to upgrade my alternator output since I finally found an electric
radiator cooling fan that works well on my '70 2000.  The cooling fan
causes a little too much amp draw for my wimpy stock alternator.  With
the increase in alternator output, I'm considering changing the stock
ammeter to a dash voltmeter to avoid problems with the typical ammeter
burnout.  I'd like the voltmeter to fit in the dash where the ammeter
lives.  Has anyone done this and if so, what voltmeter will fit in the
dash in the ammeter hole?
Thanks for any tips.
Gary