Re: Should I go Plus One to 15 inch?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Should I go Plus One to 15 inch?
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:57:03 EDT
Hi List,

   I recently ran across an ad form a popular custom wheel dealer that is
offering 50 -70% discounts. I can also request my backspacing and width to fit
my
car. Fell in love with this one design but have issues as to whether I am
making a wise decision. I am currently running 185x60x14's and am happy with
the
snappier performance due to the lower tire height. I'd like to stay with about
the same height 15" tire but that would mean going to a 195x50 or 195x45 for
they do not offer 185's in smaller profiles. Will there be a noticeable
difference in steering response? Would the smaller profile actually make
response
better? I'd like to get some feel on this issue from you guys before I make a
decision. What are you guys running out there? What are your combo's on 15 inch
tires? Appreciate some feedback from the experts. Help!

                         Tom Prather 69 2.0