RE: Should I go Plus One to 15 inch?

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Should I go Plus One to 15 inch?
From: Scott Occhiuto <calabria1922@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tom,

I just happen to have put a set of 195-50/15 Yokohama
AVS ES100 on my 68 2000 just a couple weeks ago.  Of
course, I had to confer with Gordon before I made the
decision!

I mounted them on a set of used 1983 280ZX Turbo 15x6
rims.  Getting the lug nut situation under control to
use standard 7/16-20 mag lugs was complicated but I
think I succeeded.  However, my front lower ball
joints are shot and the steering box needs work, so I
can't tell you exactly how well they work, but I know
of at least one other roadster owner that has that
combo on his roadster, but with the comp front springs
on it.  The tires and wheels look really good on my
car, but the front stock springs show a little bit too
much "air" between the top of the tire and the wheel
well, and am planning on putting the comp springs on
or having some progressive springs made up for them -
Hey Gordon - what do you think?  Figuring out the
spring rates might be a science project, right up your
alley!...

Hope that helps!  I could go out and take some
pictures if you like.  Let me know.

Scott.