Re: Rear diff pinion seal install report, and gas gauge update

To: nqrithjim@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear diff pinion seal install report, and gas gauge update
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:24:26 EST
Jim,

       On the rear diff. Do a "laying on of hands" after driving a bit. If
the diff is getting hot then you have the preload too tight. In theory, if it
was alright before it should be alright now. Unfortunatly that is not allways
the case. The preload is set with a spacer behind the seal. Mine ended up too
tight and I had to make a spacer and shave it off a thousanth of an inch at a
time till it was right. Of the three I've done only one was a problem so you
should get lucky and not have a problem.

       keith