Roadster 1, Minivan 0

To: "Roadsters (Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net)"
Subject: Roadster 1, Minivan 0
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:36:36 -0600
Hey all you Roadster nuts.

Great to read all the "first Roadster ride" articals.

Mine was in 1975 and driving around in my mom's LTD with my friends.  Drove
by a shop in the country just outside Nampa Idaho.  There were several
sports cars in the yard and I just about wrecked the car trying to stop and
look.  Got out and met Kim Blough (now owner of Idaho Z) and he took me for
a ride in his '66.  I was a week before the "Roadster Grin" finally came off
my face.  I started my search for a Roadster and found one in front of a
house in town - just sitting looking sad.  I stopped and the guy would not
sell the '68, black, red, roll bar in good running condition.  So I stopped
everyday after school for 2 weeks and bugged him to sell it.  He really got
tired of me showing up on his door step and broke down and sold it for
900.00.  I had earned 1000.00 farming and after insurance and a tank of gas,
I drove home with 5 bucks.

The Roadster grin still remains!!  It almost hit 70 Saturday and took the
Roadster (my '66) for a spin.  Had to jump it off with the '46 Ford 2N
tractor (this thing starts with just a touch of the key - love the old
stuff) and drove it to the store.  Got back in and it was still dead.  So, I
start pushing it down hill and a lady stops and askes if she could help.  I
told her that the battery is dead and going to jump it off by pushing down
this hill.  Pushed for 10 feet, jumped in, hit 1st gear and it started.  The
lady said " I can't believe that!".  Back on the road and a minivan wanted
to race off the stop light - kinda different?!?!  So we take off, I pull
ahead, hit 2nd and get him by 2 car lengths, then into a corner and look
back the the minivan looks like it is about to roll over in the corner.  I
shut it down and he runs my bumper like he is mad...mmmm things that make
you say .mmmmmmm.... And he had his wife and kids in the minivan...

Well, back to it.  You all have a great day!!

Oh, the white Roadster on Ebay - due to the rust on the chrome and location,
my thoughts are it is a rust bucket hidden by an new paint job.

Phil
SEROC