RE: Reduce leaf spring travel?

To: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>, <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Subject: RE: Reduce leaf spring travel?
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:02:28 -0800
List,

My 68 1600 with completely stock (perhaps original shocks included) will
bottom out on the driver side rear wheel under hard right hand cornering.
Otherwise, cornering and ride seems to be the same as all other Spl/Srl I
have driven or ridden in. What might this be? I do plan to do some upgrades
in the next 60 days; this will include a set of Mike Youngs custom front
springs and shocks all around. Looking to give the car a nice stance and
ride (well, you know what I mean) but, by no means do I plan to race or
autoX.
Please pontificate on your moderately priced shock recommendation
Grateful as always!
Matt
Spl311 18900