3800 series 2 Engine swap

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 3800 series 2 Engine swap
From: Jim Williams <jamesd_williams@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:35:30 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone put a  late model 3.8 V6 RWD (3800 series 2
Firebird/ Camaro engine)in a roadster???

I have the engine and 5 speed in position, and it will
bolt in place pretty easily. I think my greatest
challege will be steering and exhaust... I am using a
1969 chasis and body.. The 5 speed shifter will come
out in the same place as the original tranny...
approx. 200-250 HP. Via ebay, I have about 400 dollars
in parts including the engine and 5 speed.

Has anyone done this swap?  I would love to hear from
you...

And by the way... For all the purists, This is my
second roadster and it was a poor shape parts car...
that may get a second life with this swap...
Jim
Scottsdale, AZ
jamesd_williams@yahoo.com