O/T Information Needed (Slightly Political)

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/T Information Needed (Slightly Political)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:25:56 -0500
I am thinking of writing a column for the NY Times called Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!
(or How America Became a Third World Nation)

I need to hear from those of you who are unemployed or under-employed and
what you did or industry you worked in (make it very brief and one or 2
words would be best), what state you're located in and your first name and
the initial of your last name. It will just be a short blurb in a paragraph.

I don't know if the NY Times will print it but I have some novel ideas (I
think).

Why? I read that Bush was gloating over the unemployment % #s and I'm pissed
off at his stupidity to be blunt. 1,000 jobs were created in December but
the unemployment % dropped. Could it possibly be that many gave up looking?
Is everyone stuffing envelopes in their homes making themselves rich? Is
everyone an entrepreneur selling things on eBay?

Who do you think benefits by legalizing illegal immigrants? Certainly not
unemployed or under-employed Americans. I have lots of theories about this
as well, that were buttressed by several Republican supporters who are as
POed as I am.

I have also come to the conclusion that Wall Street, despite their feigned
horror, are also to blame for the lingering unemployment by: (1) driving
corporations to make ever greater profits  (2) cheering when corporations
reduce costs by eliminating jobs (3) causing corporations to seek a cheaper
labor market overseas, and other things.

We, the American consumer, are also to blame for our country's predictament.

I guess I have too much time to think while I'm working on my house.

Sorry for my radical ideas and if anyone is insulted by what I just wrote.

Rodin the Thinker :)