RE: petcock valve at the rear of the intake manifold.

To: "'Arthur Siemens III'" <asiemens3@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: petcock valve at the rear of the intake manifold.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:40:08 +1030
Hi Arthur,
if your cooling system is anything like that on my '65 1500, that tap
is just a heater supply control.
It allows you to bypass the heater core during warm weather.
Why? I haven't the faintest idea!
Any rate, my guess is that it would not affect your cooling capacity
no matter which way it was set.
Sounds like you have a system blockage that causes the overheating.
Have the radiator and thermostat checked for efficiency/correct
operation.
It really is a simple heat syphon system, why does it give us so much
grief?
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - at home, waiting patiently!
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.