Thanks!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks!
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:30:52 -0600
You might have seen my "car wanted" postings during the past month.  I heard
from many of you offering advice - many thanks!  I heard from some of you
even reluctantly offering your cars for sale (I learned that none of you are
really eager to sell your car..that says a lot of super things about you and
your car).

Well, after much thought and consideration, the easy choice was Bob's '68
2000.  Dennis at CDM was nice enough to share some web space if you want to
take a look at it:

 http://www.racerguy.com/jimS_2000.html

I want to truly thank each one of you who had a part in my getting this car.
Bob, the PO was super to work with:  Patiently answering tons of questions
and providing gigs of pics.  Even if I had not bought the car, I am
confident I would have still made a friend in Bob.  Other folks have been
equally generous with their time and advice.  I've named them in previous
postings, so I won't take up space repeating them here except to say, thank
you very much!

I hope I can continue to call on everyone on this list whose knowledge of
these little cars will help me not only keep it on the road, but hopefully
serve as a tool to strengthen bonds with my 8-year old twins as they grow up
with the roadster and learn about things mechanical.

The next step is to learn about these cars in as methodical a manner as
possible.  For me, that's reading.  Can you guys suggest a "reading list"
that will start my mechanical education at a fairly elementary level?
Thankfully, my '68 runs will not need anything in the very near future.  But
now is the time to start learning so as it does -  like the rest of you -  I
can enjoy working on it as much as I'm going to enjoy owning it.