tranny mount needed: and I now have some extra trannies

To: spl310@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: tranny mount needed: and I now have some extra trannies
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:15:17 +0000
Sid,
Interesting that you should bring up 5 spd parts.  Yesterday I did an
18 hour, 600 mile roadtrip, covering 4 states and the District of Columbia.
Though the hospitality of several East Coast list members, and the payment
of
a certain amount of money, I am now the owner of 3 used 5spd roadster
trannies!
I only probably need parts from one, to fix the one in my car (as per
and in fact I might not need any parts at all (yea, in a perfect world).  I
think
one or more might still have a rubber tranny isolator on it, and will look
for you
when I get home.

For other list members, please dont ask for parts yet, some day in the
future when I
get these trannies opened up, cleaned up, and decide what I need and what I
have
extra, I will probably offer some stuff to the list, to recoup my cost, and
keep walking around
room in my shop.

Anyway, it was a fun road trip, a good part of it thru the smoky mountain
foothills, and great to
share a few stories with some fellow roadster guys.  Too bad I was in the 88
Jeep Commanche
Pickup instead of the roadster.  It is my intention to make such future
trips in the
1972 510 Sportwagon...should be a great parts fetcher!

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Want to barter?
>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:10:38 -0500
>
>Anyone got a spare transmission mount for a 5 speed that they don't need?
>I need the insulator - not the crossmember.
>

>Sidney Raper
>1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
>1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
>Jacksonville Florida

Find high-speed net deals  comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com