Off topic, sort of... SU carb question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Off topic, sort of... SU carb question
From: Hoover <audelaaz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:29:41 -0700
Hello!

I'm working on a pair of Z SUs, and I'm having a terrible time with
removing the metering nozzles from the carb body.  The nozzles are
frozen in place and won't budge, even though they are completely
disconnected from anything that would hold them to the carb.  I've used
carb cleaner to remove gunk, and penetrating oil to lubricate the
nozzle, but nothing is working.

If I absolutely HAVE to sacrifice the nozzle, I will, but I'm looking
for any ideas that might help me get them out so I can send 'em in for
core.

Thanks in advance!
Charlotte Hoover
'63 1500
'64 1600
'71 240Z
'73 240Z (currently carb-less)
'74 260Z

PS... we sold a couple of Roadsters to a new owner who is absolutely
excited to get them on the road where they belong.  Hopefully he'll be a
participant of the list!