RE Dash removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE Dash removal
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:28:42 +1100 (EST)
Remove the seats and lie on your back on the floor is
a must to get the gauges out.

I'd also suggest getting nuts that are about 1' or
more long as this makes it a hell of a lot easier to
thread them on to the bolts to put the gauges back.
Nyloc nuts are a definate no no - if you can somehow
tighten them up, you will never get them off again.

Also, I found that the steering column brackets need
to go in AFTER the gauges are bolted back in.

In case you are wondering, gauges was one of the jobs
that I really hated when reassembling my car after it
was painted.  Car had to give a lot of love back to
make up for that day.

Marko
Sydney
64 1500 with R16