Re: Banjo Bolts

To: James Richards <jmr407@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Banjo Bolts
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:19:15 -0600
James,

On the float TOP cover. Does is have the "ISO" standard marking on it?

'66 & '67 used SAE pitch threads.

67.5 was the "early metric" carb. These carbs had the very odd size of
5mm x 0.75mm pitch (french standard metric)

68 and later are metric.  Screws are 5mm x 0.80 pitch. A dimple in the
top of the screw marks it as "ISO metric"

Can you buy these from McMaster Carr... No. I'm sure they have some
banjo nuts, but you're best off getting them from one of our vendors
(or complete float tops with the banjo nuts).

Tom Walter

P.S. If you know of any "Home Shop Machinist" in your neighborhood,
might be worth while to find and locate one to make the bolts. I've
made up some brass ones in the past, alas no access to machining tools
anymore. :(