Re: Replacing stock front springs with Nissan Comp Springs

To: Scott Occhiuto <calabria1922@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing stock front springs with Nissan Comp Springs
From: "ambradley@frontiernet.net" <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:33:57 -0500
I don't know that this is the best way, but this is how I did it.  No
spring compressors were involved - only a floor jack.  I believe I put
the front end on jackstands first, then I removed the shock and the
lower shock mounting circle thing.  The same piece that the circle
bolts to unbolts from the A-arm with four bolts.  I placed the floor
jack under that piece and lifted it until it was just in place, not
pushing up on it.  I unbolted the four bolts then lowered it down from
the pressure of the spring.  In my case, the spring didn't come out so
I kicked it - I'm sure not the best method - until it came loose.  Put
the new spring in, jacked that inner piece into place, attached the
bolts, etc.  Repeat for the other side.