wide tires and front suspension bits

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: wide tires and front suspension bits
From: Will Slater <will45817@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:18:13 -0800 (PST)
Hello folks from the brief interlude between winter
storms in OH. Over the weekend I got my engine pulled
and in the snow storm drove two hours one way to
deliver the engine to be rebuilt. Ah weathermen and
women as I would not want to be sexist on this
issue!:) They said the storm would hit after midnight
so I set out planning to be back well before midnight.
Less than one hour out and it started to snow and
snow. All went well if slowly and my engine has been
safely delivered.
Hopefully next year in the club rides (ZROC)I will no
longer be leaving a trail of smoke and throwing oil on
those behind me!

Well enough stories on to my question. Last year I
upgraded my '68 2L to wider tries (they are 235 's)
and I really like they way the car handles with them.
However, I was talking (well to be honest bragging a
bit) to a fellow who has had roadsters for many years
when he said such wide tries are very hard on the
suspension. I wondered what others thought about this
issue. I am wondering if I should return a less wide
tire.
As always TIA,
Will

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/