RE: Skyline GT

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Skyline GT
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:32:30 -0700
>The SKYLINE...is it coming or not??

I was suprised with the tunerz that Nissan didn't get 2-door into the US
market by the time 2 Fast 2 Furious came out.  That movie's probably the
only reason any Lancer Evolutions get sold.  When I was looking at the
Montero, the sales rep was telling me how the Evolution is faster than a
Porsche boxster.  So??

The four-door Skyline is WAY too similar to the Altima or Maxima, except for
the increased power and rear wheel drive.

I agree that the car naming has gotten a little stale, but roadster owners
were early victims of it with our 1600's and 2000's instead of Fairladies.
Is it a problem with Copyright/Trademark?  Remember the Toyota Corona?  Did
it go away because of Corona beer?

Just my random ramblings

Tim