Re: Knocking sound at idle

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Knocking sound at idle
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:49:10 -0600
Thanks for the replies so far!   I should clarify a bit though.       The
best way I can described the sound is "tock".   It almost sounds like
something hitting either the aluminum valve cover or timing cover very
lightly.   This noise goes away if you rev the engine up or after the car
warms up.    Not to worry, I've already stopped driving the car.    I do
have a spare 3 main engine that will be going into the car while I figure
out what is wrong with this engine.   It's good to have too many cars!!

Thanks for all responses!!

Eric