brisk morning ride, lights surging brite??

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: brisk morning ride, lights surging brite??
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:09:23 -0800
Hey gang, I hauled the car out for a morning drive to work, been about 2
months, but it started right up and purred like always. (~40 degF and 75-80
mph, all my coworkers asking about the red ears!)  Its' version of "scolding
me" is that the clock gains ~ 2 minutes per day when the car isn't used, so
every time I get in I reset the clock and can tell how long it has been.
Today it was ~ 100 minutes off, so I took that as being scolded for neglect.
One thing I noticed.  I wasn't sure at first, but thought I saw surging of
the lites, headlamps only, somewhat related to the bumps on the freeway.  A
couple of times I could have sworn the high beams blinked on.  Then, when I
pulled off onto the offramp, everything got REAL BRITE, including all the
dash lites.  I pushed in the clutch so that I was back to idle, and they
stayed that way, for a few seconds, then blinked back to normal (which is
kinda dim)
any ideas to start my quest?
note: stock elec set-up, no relays, always get the typical dimming when
brake lites come on at idle.  No dramatic reaction from Ammeter to any of
this, well, I am not positive about that, could have been, as I was
cornering and couldn't put my head down there.  Fergus O, glad to be 'back
in the saddle', 69 2000, HB, CA