Re: More repair questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, "Ken & Tammy"
Subject: Re: More repair questions
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:09:13 -0800
Ken, The manifold can be purchased new, You can get a coated one, My
recommendation is to get one from Dean at Fairlady products, he is the most
reasonable vendor for that product and will stand behind a product as long
as you follow his recommendations.  Transmission parts you can get from Dean
as well or from Herb Petty, contact me if you need his number. I would
recommend a complete transmission rebuild while you have it out, you don't
want to have issues later on down the road.   If you are tearing down the
engine it would be reasonable to replace all seals, especially the rear
seal, once again Dean has them.   A driveline shop should be able to help
you with your spline.  I would have the driveline balanced while it is out.
Make sure you take your yoke on when you do this so that they can mark it
that way you can line it up when reinstalling it.
Good Luck,
Gerardo