Re: Correct placement of Vacuum Advance

To: jmr407@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Correct placement of Vacuum Advance
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:48:02 EST
James,

       Common mistake. The port on the manifold is for the smog stuff. The
distributor vacume pot gets hooked to the carb vacume nipple on the bottom of
the rear carb. You can't see it with the carbs on the car so you have to feel
around for it. Also, if your carbs have been swapped it may be on the front
one.
This is what is known as "ported vacume". When the carbs are at idle the
vacume port is covered and there is no vacume to the distributor. Open the
throttle and the high manifold goes to the distributor.

       keith