Re: Cutting parts away

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting parts away
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:37:17 -0500
I was in EP but had to add about 300 pounds of  lead ballast to get to the
2086 minimum weight without driver.  I never had any competition in EP and
decided to move up to EM.  EM has a 1500 pound minimum weight without the
driver.  Next year EM will have a minimum weight of 1700 pounds with the
driver.  Right now the car weighs about 1675 without the driver.  It weighs
about 1925 with the driver.  I need to take 225 pounds off the driver/car
combo.  I think I can take a little off of me but as Eric said, I'm a
big-ol-boy and haven't been below 200 since High School.  I'm going to try
to cut away everything that is not essential.  I will probably swiss cheese
some parts and replace some of the sheet metal with aluminum.  I may even
sell the KA24DE and put an SR20DET in.  I've heard that the SR20DET is about
100 pounds lighter.

Andy