RE: Rustoleum / hammerite

To: "'Marc&Heidi'" <mtyler@hctc.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rustoleum / hammerite
From: "Brad Lustig" <bradlustig@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:49:42 -0400
I've used the Rustoleum product on a bunch of different things.  Great look,
and you're right, it's real tough after curing.  I've painted a jack and
jack stand and they've been bouncing around in my trunk with no problems (no
chips that I've noticed).  I usually only let it cure for a good day or two
before putting the part to use.
Brad

Marc wrote:

Does anyone know how similar the formulas are for these two paints
(Rustoleum hammered finish and Rust-Cap hammerite)?  They look similar.
  I have more experience with the rustoleum product.  One tip:  This stuff
is pretty tough providing you allow it to cure completely.  This seems to
take a couple of weeks.  Up till then it is kinda soft.  does the hammerite
cure faster?