Re: High idle and misses

To: "Alex Avery" <aavery@rica.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High idle and misses
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:45:02 -0400
You're trying to get the engine to idle at 600 rpms? Good luck. In all the
years I have owned my car I have never been able to get it to idle at 600
rpms.

I run my stroker at about 1000 and it likes it there. The cam in the 2000 is
pretty hot - even the stock cam and I don't think it likes such a low idle.
1100 rpms is fine and won't hurt anything.

My B idles at about 1100 also and it too likes it.

A non-smog car needs to be timed at 16* at least and not at 1100 rpms. I run
time my car for 35* total advance - not at idle.

Mike