67.5 Rustbelt project

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 Rustbelt project
From: "Lee Ehinger" <leehinger@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:00:28 -0500
I am in the midst of parting out a 1 owner 67.5 1600 with 61k on the
odometer.  The car was listed on the list approx 2 yrs ago, in Northern IN.
The guy I talked with is a farmer, and it was his wifes car - bought new &
titled as a 68 from Ft Wayne Datsun.

Car was repainted form orig red to yellow, then a bornze.  Apparently sat
outside after the owner either lost interest or the car quit running.  The
passenger side frame and X cross member is long one to rust from the back of
the door clear to the body mount in the engine compartment. I can pick up
the cowl 2-3".

The farmer used a tracotr / fork lift to put in on the trailer -  the car
sagged in the middle.  A few good parts.. an orig. antenna key, 67.5
headrests, top frame, windshield visor hardware (anyone have a set of 67.5
visors for sale?) A Chiltons Datusn all model 1958-1968 repair, the org.
title & bil lof sale dated May 6, 1968. car cost $2411 + $42. tax with $311
cash allowance.  Car cost $2142, new at the dealer.

All well worth hte $150 I pad for it...

If anyone would like some pics (and has the bandwidth to receive) please let
me know... REar end & wheels FREE t oa good home.. come pick them up...
Lee Ehinger
Ft Wayne IN