2k vibes, 280Z engine swap

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 2k vibes, 280Z engine swap
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:55:16 -0700
if the 2 liter is vibrating after the install, I would recommend starting with
having the driveshaft balanced.  It can be the source of many a strange feeling
at many different speeds, (resonant frequencies) and is a relatively cheap fix.
 take as many components to the shop as possible (slip joints, etc) although I
doubt the U-joints would make much difference. (they do in cars with rear
transaxle, where driveshaft is turning engine speed)

In terms of the 280Z swap, there was one here in LA that someone had done, and
it was a god-awful looking mess.  Had to add such a huge hump to the hood to
clear the engine that it resembled the 'quasi-modo roadster'.  I think it has
been sent to the dungeon, never to be seen again.  Plus, vents were added to
Z's to deal with underhood heat management, (correct Victor?) so I'd bet you'd
have to add something like that.  There are a lot better options.
Fergus O, 69 2000 in the midst of alt swap, HB, CA