Re: 2k vibes, 280Z engine swap

To: "O'Farrell,Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: 2k vibes, 280Z engine swap
From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:12:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>Fergus De O'Farrell Wrote - In terms of the 280Z swap, there was one here in
>LA that someone had done, and it was a god-awful looking mess.  Had to add
>such a huge hump to the hood to clear the engine that it resembled the
>'quasi-modo roadster'.  I think it has been sent to the dungeon, never to be
>seen again.  Plus, vents were added to Z's to deal with underhood heat
>management, (correct Victor?) so I'd bet you'd have to add something like
>that.  There are a lot better options.

Heat management issue? Like not having room left for a radiator? I can't see
this working AT ALL. The Nissan L-6 is a big motor. much bigger than many other
straight sixes. It's been the lament  of many a Triumph TR6 owner that they
can't shoe-horn the Nissan L-6 under their bonnets. In a Roadster? Could you
see over the top of the valve cover? half the motor would be forward of the
front axles.