Re: wood dash

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: wood dash
From: "Joe Kinstle" <jkunstler@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:06:45 -0800
In theory, it shouldn't be too hard to veneer your own dash face.  You can
order veneers online, or pick some out at a good woodworking supply store.
It is only about 1/32" thick and bends pretty easily, heck sometimes they
ship it to you in a roll.  Anyway, you can use spray adhesive or contact
cement to attach it to your existing dash.  Make a paper template using some
fairly heavy gauge paper.  You also might want to seal the back of the
veneer to make sure you don't get any bleeding from the spray adhesive.  I
think the hardest part may be the glove box opening and door edges.  I think
I'd run the veneer straight to the edge and sand it smooth, then faux paint
in the edges.

Good luck,
Joe