Contact - Suspension Bits

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contact - Suspension Bits
From: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:57:43 -0600
My rolling restoration continues!

During the year Ive owned my 68 2L, Ive:

Sorted out the electrical issues,

Replaced the fuel pump,

Inspected, adjusted, and put new fluid in the brakes

Put on a new clutch master cylinder and rebuilt slave cylinder

Put on rebuilt SUs from Z-Therapy (BIG difference)

Put in a new interior from Dean (High qualityfits great)

Countless other tinkerings that dont immediately come to mind but ones that
have contributed to making the car a safe, dependable, and fast ride.

Along the way Ive learned tons about the car and had a lot of fun.  Now
its now time to get started on the suspension!

Things have been pretty quiet on the list the last few days, so I wonder if
I can get a conversation started about what suspension modifications /
rebuilds the group has experience with.

Specifically, Im wondering about:

Steering box  anybody out there rebuild them if I send them the core? (I
want TIGHT steering)

Idler arm  same question

Tie rods  Any NOS out there?  Cost?

Ball joints  Ive got that covered.working with a rare parts manufacturing
Co in CA.. Let me know if youre interested in an update

Bushings, etc.What do you suggest?

Cutting the front springs  your thoughts?

Front sway bar  are thicker ones available?

Cutting the suspension bumpers in front and back / your thoughts?

Tires  Whats a good size for dropping the car 1 < inch?

Back suspension  Any info on LSDs?

Back springs  any thoughts about removing the smaller short ones to drop
the car?

Shocks front and read  recommendations?

One other thing.Im looking for the contact information for Bruce
Schluderman in Austin TX.  I had it at one time but lost it during a
computer crash and I havent been able to contact Bruce through E-bay.