Roadster prices in the NADA Classic Car Guide

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster prices in the NADA Classic Car Guide
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:06:03 -0500
I couldn't resist sending an e-mail off to NADA about the obvious
discrepancy in the pricing on the 2000 roadsters- letting them know prices
and conditions of a few I've sold and that show condition 67 2000's are now
selling upwards of 30k. I anticipated that it might prompt them to look into
roadster prices a bit further and maybe they would start giving our cars the
values they deserve in their guide. much to my surprise I received the
following reply:

Craig,
We appreciate your comments about the Datsun 2000 values we have listed. In
regards to your inquiry it seems that you follow the prices on the above
vehicles. We are always looking for qualified advisory board members to be a
part of our NADA Classic Car Guide. Please reply if you would be interested
in becoming part of our advisory board. What we do is send out survey's 3
times per year to board members for input and pricing. In return we set you
up to receive a complimentary copy of the classic car guide.

Thanks,

Steve Ferguson
Editor
N.A.D.A. Appraisal Guides

I'd like to try to keep track of as many roadster sales as possible, both
condition and price. this will help me to provide them with the most
accurate, up to date information for their guide. if you know of a roadster
sale, please let me know so I can log it in. Thanks Everyone- this is kind
of exciting :-)  I've always felt the price guides undervalued the roadsters
and maybe this will provide me with the opportunity to help straighten them
out.

Craig Halsted
mostly roadsters