Re: Off topic, honda accord problem

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off topic, honda accord problem
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:17:28 -0600
Sounds like a bad O2 sensor.  The computer runs in startup mode until the
engine reaches operating temperature.  Startup mode does not monitor the
sensors to determine how much fuel, timing, etc... It just runs from a map.
When the motor reaches temperature then it starts reading the O2, temp, map,
and other sensors to determine the proper fuel squirt.  I would suggest
trying a known good O2 sensor and see if that solves the problem.  Have you
read the trouble codes from the computer?  You can do this in most cars by
jamming a paperclip in the readout terminal and watching how many times the
check engine light blinks.  Many auto parts stores can read the computer for
you.

Andy