RE: Grosse Jets (was: Re: R16 Carbs)

To: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Grosse Jets (was: Re: R16 Carbs)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:00:52 -0800
> So, how does one know whether they have Grosse Jets or not?

By disassembling the carbs (the float bowls, specifically).
Chances are, if you haven't had your carbs rebuilt by one of the
specialty shops you have standard needles. Depending, of course,
on the PO.

Grosse jets, just for reference, were (I don't think they're made any
more) actually very nice and are typically an improvement over standard
float valves. There's just some interaction on a Roadster that causes
problems. I've not heard of problems when they're used on Z cars.

-- John