RE: tie rod

To: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: tie rod
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:26:02 -0800
When I did this on my Mercury I did all of what you describe and finally
used a torch to warm up the idler arm (a lot) on the steering gear.  While
heating the idler arm I had about 150 lbs of torque on the puller bolt.  It
finally creaked a bit and I put a ratchet on the bolt head and just wound
the bolt in, easily pulling the idler arm off.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.2000.com