Return to the list

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Return to the list
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:25:08 -0400
Greetings,

After taking more than a year off the list I have subscribed again.
The roadster project has been on hold for the entire time, however other
things have changed. Working in a rapidly changing ie: declining and
evolving industry, I have so far survived closures, cutbacks and layoffs.
Am I worried? Not really. In a city with a lot of industry there is
always a need for maintenance technicians.

The El Camino with the Roadster hood scoop is no longer in my back yard.
It has been replaced by the Datsun 710. The El Camino is still around just
550km away. I towed it away with my Nissan truck at the end of January.
There is a cool story that is somewhat inspirational to go along with that.

In May of 2004 my good friend came down for what was supposed to be two
weeks and we stripped down, dismantled and repainted the 510 wagon. It
actually took a few days longer and once he left it took me about a month
to clean and reinstall the rubber moldings, interior, door latches
and other hardware. The 510 wagon has been on the road for a year now
and there are still a few mods pending.

We have discussed the same sort of arrangement for the roadster later this
year. It was supposed to have happened last month but there was a little
misunderstanding between me and the Federal Government over a few thousand
dollars they said I owed. That has now been resolved and I am only out
a couple of hundred after disputing and refiling the last three years of
tax returns.

I return the list well. I have not fallen off any roofs, been hit by any
cop cars, all my limbs and joints are in their anatomically correct
positions and I have not been stressed so hard as to require the services
of that team of cardiologists.

What a long winded way to say that life is good as long as you go with the
flow, embrace change and surround yourself with friends and as many
Datsuns/Nissans as the neighbours will tolerate.

Regards,
__
Frank Roggeband   | 67.5 1600, 69 1600, 71 510, 75 710, 94 KingCab 4x4
Hamilton Ontario  | http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html
Canada            | email-->frankr@hwcn.org
Electronics Technician and Datsun Enthusiast.