67.5 2000 #569 for sale in Virginia

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 2000 #569 for sale in Virginia
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:55:55 -0400
I'm regretfully selling my 67.5 2000 #569, seems there's always bills to
pay... would have liked to have finished the project but life gets in the
way. jeesh, that's almost poetic...

this is a numbers matching car.  engine is completely rebuilt, some nice
plating and polishing done as well. SU's.
nice dash, gauges, glove box door but needs new dash pad available from
vendors.
good floors, good frame
car just repainted original silver, done in enamel. engine compartment and
trunk painted as well.
car has some fibreglass in the back bottom corners of the front fenders and
in the rockers, also some in rear quarters. lower half of LR quarter
replaced with metal, right side had fibreglass but looked decent so was left
alone.
doors and hood were painted another day, different weather... some slide in
metallic. car should be repainted to look right.
decent but not show bumpers and grille, minor nicks but no big pitting.
trans I got with it was not bolted together, don't know if they worked on it
or were thinking about it... will sell with that one or a used/unknown 5spd
that's all together.
has comp front springs and cut down bump stops
konis in back, not sure in front.
no front swaybar currently on it, will include used comp front bar at asking
price
will include headrests that need a cleanup/recover and one of Gerardo's
license trims at asking price
we recently swapped some parts, he hasn't shipped yet and could probably
ship straight to purchaser.
I was told recently that one of the shops out west coast told a fellow to
budget $7k for the rebuild of his U20... I'd figured it was moving up
towards $5k but didn't realize...
seats have been reupholstered, but not original fabric. look good though :-)
figure all hydraulics and brake stuff needs to be gone thru.

the person I bought this car from a couple years ago told me he bought it
from "Bob Sharp's race mechanic"  I'm sure he had more than one, can't
confirm this but along with the car I got a bunch of dealer only
newsletters, an original Bob Sharp Comp Prep Manual, and a 510 airdam
(spook, whatever) with BS 33 laminated into the fibreglass. don't know where
else such stuff would come from, can provide the name of the person it came
from if you wanted to try to verify that. had been dry stored inside a
concrete block building for about 25 years when I bought it.

all that said, will take first $7500 for the car.

Early or Late Solex setups available at additional cost
Comp rear swaybar available at additional cost

please feel free to contact me offline if interested, took pictures this
morning and would be happy to e-mail them out.

Craig Halsted
mostly roadsters