I found the Holy Grail!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I found the Holy Grail!!
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:28:57 +0930
Hi list,
Today I became the proud owner of no less than FIVE 1965 SP310 wheel trims.
They weren't real cheap but I figure they are probably the last set on the
planet.
For 40 year old items, they are in fair condition, but I will fully
refurbish them to factory fresh.
What is more, they were available from a fellow here in Australia, a hubcap
re-seller on Ebay.
I don't mind admitting that these have proven to be the most difficult item
to source.
They are absolutely essential in my quest for a truly original looking
Roadster.
I plan to have a set of 13" steel wheels for stock appearance complete with
period whitewall tyres (Cooper 155/80 x 13")
and a set of 14x6" Watanabes with street legal racing rubber for Sunday
best.
The Watanabes came from Japan.
I have painted the spokes gloss black and polished the rims to a high gloss
alloy finish.
With some chrome wheel nuts they look "fully sik man".
I'll get busy and update my Imagestation with some pics. of progress.
Anyhoo, just wanted to share my win with the list.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310
1971 P510