Re: Clutch/Brake Cylinder Storage

To: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch/Brake Cylinder Storage
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:28:39 -0700
> After removing my clutch master cylinder...
> ...Is there any advice on how to store it (coat the bore with something,
> plug it airtight, etc.) for future use?

Check with a well-stocked parts house (NAPA perhaps). There is
a hydraulic cylinder assembly lube that is probably what you're
looking for. Clear, a bit thicker than brake fluid, that is meant for
just this application. I can look up the exact name of the stuff
tonight...

There's also special grease, red in color, that can be used to lube
the pistons during reassembly. Don't confuse this with antisqueal!!!

-- John