RE: Clutch/Brake Cylinder Storage

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: RE: Clutch/Brake Cylinder Storage
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:08:42 -0700
Not familiar w/ John's suggestion, but sounds excellent. As a fluid, it
should flow into and protect the passages.

I supported hydraulic systems in the Navy many moons ago. What we did was
clean and dry the components thoroughly (ahhhhh, the agents we had available
before all the new EPA and hazmat restrictions <g>), then immediately coat
them (especially the working surfaces) w/ a thick lubricant spray like CRC
or LP3. Both companies make a heavier grade spray than their normal
lubricant that sticks almost like vaseline. Of course, you'll have to do a
complete clean 'n' dry before reassembly.

Cheers.

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA