Alternate classic choices, 70's Isuzu??

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternate classic choices, 70's Isuzu??
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:14:45 -0700
<<the old 70 ish Isuzu bellet 1.8 DOHC>>
Okay Tom, you get a cookie for 'most outside the box suggestion", got a
picture of one?

Mine: all must be non-smog years.  notice the trend toward 'back seats'
with the recent (but final tally reached) population growth at my
house...
Volvo 544, Amazon (122), or P1800ES (the funky wagons)
BMW 2002  (it goes without saying that a 510/411 comes before this.
This is a 'concealed datsun' list right, despite recent posts.)
Triumph Herald (with the A series Datsun engine/trans swap, of course)
or Vitesse
70's Alfa GT (you gonna find a boat tail spider for roadster prices?)
Lotus Cortina  (find a body, put in a KA24?)
Classic Mini
60's MBZ coupes are tempting, but once I swapped engines for something
with less pricey parts, (L-28??) I'd still be paying 80+ bucks for a
flasher relay, think I'd be better off starting with a....
60-65 Ford Falcon (ooh, I can feel the flak flying my way for that one
now, "why don't ya get a John Deere?")
MGB-GT with the euro-style Webasto vinyl sunroof, preferably RHD (the
ultimate theft deterrent!)
MGA, although the one I liked best already had the Buick V-6 in it !!!

Fergus O, delusions of garage-grandeur