Possibly on topic: Lack of "collector value"

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possibly on topic: Lack of "collector value"
From: "Dave and Linda" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:45:28 -0400
Wouldn't a lack of value be a good thing, being that most of us are buying
not selling?  I like buying undervalued things.  As far as I'm concerned, my
Datsun is and will be a financial loss, which is fine.  I would rather have
a car like this than an E-type or a 3000 that is so expensive I would
hesitate to buy it in the first place and if I did buy it, would worry too
much about it getting damaged to really enjoy it.  Although I did see a
beautiful AH 100LM or 3000 with a fully pro-built Chevy v8 5 speed swap
perfect body and interior for around $25,000.  If I could have scraped up
the money, I would have bought it in an instant.

Also, I've noticed some roadsters getting a pretty good price on Ebay, way
more than I would pay.  Someone told me once "Don't invest in things that
rust and expect to make much money"

Dave Brisco