Aborted Bridge Run

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Aborted Bridge Run
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
Truth is stranger than fiction.  My experience today
for example.

Rarely does my wife accompany me on roadster outings,
and it is a running joke with us that whenever we go
together, things go wrong.  There is a long story
behind how my 1600 became named "Jessie" (She does not
get along with my wife), but that is for another time.
Long story short, I can drive the car(s) hundreds of
miles without incident, but not with my wife along.
Here is what happened today:

The new Cooper River Bridge just opened in Charleston
SC yesterday...a big event locally....and a pretty
cool bridge.  I intentionally avoided the "zoo" of the
opening festivities for the past 2 weeks, but decided
that it was now safe to go into the water, so to
speak. I suggested that we take one of the roadsters,
cross the bridge enjoy the view, have lunch downtown
and come back.  Pretty simple and short trip.

Crank up the 2000 which I drove yesterday, running
perfectly.  It was missing on one cylinder, strange.
Messed with the wires, no luck.  Times-a-wastin'. No
problem, that's why I have 2!  Uncover and crank up
the 1600 (always runs flawlessly).  Guess what!
Missing on one cylinder.  Really!  Same story, no
quick fix.  Piled in the damn truck and did the bridge
thing.

Came back, cleaned the plugs on each.  Some crud, but
not fouled badly, but both run like a top now.

What are the odds that both would have fouled plugs
simultaneously, for the first time ever for either
car.  Must be a sign...

Mike Harper
'66 1600 (Jessie)
'68 2000 (Rodney)