Master Cylinder Shims

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder Shims
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:03:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Good Morning List,
Can anyone share some info regarding the shims behind the brake and clutch
master cylinders? My new Clucth M/C has an adjustable push rod for the pedal
link, the new brake M/C does not. I have lost or misfiled the shims that were
originally on the brake M/C but still have the ones for the clutch. A dry fit
inficates that both pedals appear to link up and actuate in a straight motion.
(I've read somewhere the shims were supposed to insure the push rod travels in
a straight line, etc). Any comments?
Thanks,
Mike Hudson '67-1600